Last updated November 2015
Because we want to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we want to notify you of:
1. what personally identifiable information of yours we collect;
2. who is collecting the information;
3. how the information is used;
4. with whom the information may be shared;
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
6. the kind of security procedures that are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control; and
7. how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information we collect.
Visiting Our Website.
Types of Information Collected.
We collect personal and non-personal information that you provide to us when using our Website, or that you give to us in our store or to customer service when communicating with us offline or via e-mail.
We also collect non-personal information about users of our Websites. The non-personal information that we collect on the Website is information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information and other anonymous statistical data relating to the use of the Website. For example, we collect and store certain non-personal information automatically whenever you interact with the Website, including your IP address, browser information and reference website domain name. We also collect non-personal information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information is used to analyze and improve the Website and to provide our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Targeted Advertising
Also, like many websites, we use "cookies" on the Website which are files stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. These cookies help us identify our account holders and optimize their shopping experience. They do not include any data that will identify you personally. They will, however, allow you to use some specialized features of the Website. Cookies also allow us to hold selections in your shopping cart when you leave the Website without checking out.
Most browsers provide you with the option to set your browser to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features on the Website.
Targeted advertising (also known as online behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual's web browsing behavior, such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which of our advertisements should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than the Website. The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number. The information used for targeted advertising either comes from us or through third party website publishers. If you would like to opt out of targeted advertising that occurs on our third party advertising publishers, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Please note that this will opt you out of targeted ads from us and any other participating advertisers. If you opt out, you will continue to receive online advertising from us; however, these ads may not be as relevant to you.
External Links/Framed Pages.
Ordering from Our Website.
From time-to-time, we use the purchases customers make to customize our product recommendations. We also track customer traffic patterns and site usage. Traffic and usage data is used only to improve the Website's designs and operation and to provide our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
Opening an Account.
Receiving Special Offers/Opt-Out.
From time-to-time, we will contact you about sales, special offers and new site features if you agreed to be included in our e-mail lists when you completed a purchase transaction with us or otherwise provided us with your information. To customize the information you want to receive from us on the Website, simply sign on and select the specific information you wish to receive. To cancel our free emails, follow the directions in the email communication you received from us. You can also send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (313) 237-0904 and inform us that you want to unsubscribe to our e-mail list.
Our Third Party Relationships.
We have established several relationships with third parties vendors to best serve our customers and to operate the Website.
• Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Website. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and hosting and operating the Websites (e.g. Shopify Inc.). These third parties have access to your information collected through the Website as needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
• E-Commerce Services, Shipping Services: Shopify Inc. and certain vendors of ours provide e-commerce and shipping services on our behalf. These vendors have access only to information needed to accurately fulfill and ship orders that are processed through such vendors and to provide customer services. These vendors have agreed to not use any personally identifiable information of customers for any other purpose.
• Credit Card Processing: We use a third party to process credit card orders. We supply them with data for credit card authorization and fraud detection only and they are restricted from using the data for any other purposes.
• Website Evaluation, Marketing and Promotions: From time-to-time, we may engage other third parties to assist in providing Website evaluation services, marketing, order processing, fulfillment and shipping services, as well as customer service. In addition, we may engage third parties to provide services such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, data analysis and data cleansing. These third parties will only have access to information to the extent necessary and will be required to not use any personal information for any purpose other than providing such services. Also, you permit us to share your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We may transfer your personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event. Additionally, we may share non-personal, non-individual statistical information with our marketing partners, advertisers or other third parties for research purposes. That is, we will not tell our marketing partners that you purchased a specific product, but we may tell them how many customers purchased that product.